RE at St Joseph’s
As a Catholic Academy, religious education and faith development are at the heart of our school curriculum developing the Catholicism and spirituality of our pupils.
Religious Education is an integral part of our lives at St. Joseph’s School. We are members of the Body of Christ and members of a Christian Community and recognise that we are all at different stages of our faith journey. Therefore, through our Religious Education program and the way we use Christ’s teaching within every aspect of our school and lives, we can develop a deep understanding of our faith which will help us to love and serve God in our daily lives, both now and in the future.
Our aims for Religious Education will be to enrich the lives of the children in the;
- Love of God for everyone and everything He has created.
- Understanding of the Good News of the Lord, to enable them to respond to His love.
- Teaching of the Catholic faith and how their lives should be shaped by their beliefs and values.
- Growth of faith by relating the Gospels to their lives and levels of understanding.
- Development of worship and prayer, allowing children to take a leading role.
- Awareness and respect of other Christian faiths, world faiths and cultures.
- Standards to be high and children to be challenged in their understanding so that they can deepen this.
We feel that the best way to achieve these aims is a three way process involving the Home, School and Parish. We endeavour to make these links wherever possible, acknowledging that the foundation of Religious Education is presented to children from a very wide range of backgrounds and commitment to the faith.
Based upon the varied backgrounds and experience of Church and Religious Education we tailor our programme to meet the needs of all pupils.
Whilst we are first and foremost a Roman Catholic School with a strong mission and vision statement, we do support other religious backgrounds within our school, focusing on the similarities within the beliefs and celebrating the differences.