Hi Year 6,
I hope you are keeping healthy, safe and happy and have been working hard and behaving for your families in the two weeks we have been away from school. It is now the Easter holidays so there will not be any Maths or English work set for the next 2 weeks- you need a well deserved rest! This will start back again on Monday 20th April so please be ready to start your Maths and English learning again on this date. Below, I have put a few activities for you to complete over the Easter holidays.
- I have put on the Topic quiz for our WWII topic. I have also put on the knowledge organiser for this topic in case you can’t find it. Revise for the quiz by studying your knowledge organiser. When you are ready, complete the quiz and see how many marks you get out of 15. You will need to read the knowledge organiser first as we haven’t got change to complete some of the topics on there but I know you will do really well! Just try your best!
- Your new Topic is called Hola Mexico and focuses on Mexico including its location, environment, traditions and cultures. Below, you will find your new knowledge organiser to learn more about this Topic! I have also put on your topic homework for this term so you might want to start some of these during the Easter holidays.
- RE- During the first week of the holidays, we are entering Holy Week starting with Palm Sunday (when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the donkey), including Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and ending with Easter Sunday where Jesus rose from the dead. There is a Holy Week reflection booklet below which gives you some information on Holy Week and gives you a reflection for each day of this. Have a go at these over Holy Week and Easter.
- Our new author of the half term is Emma Carroll who is famous for books such as Letters from the lighthouse and the girl who walked on air. Please complete some research about her and complete the author fact file to learn lots about her. Have a look at her books to see if you have read any of her books or have any at home!
- Finally, please continue to go on TT rockstars to improve your times tables but you can go on any online resources provided by school during this time e.g. spelling shed, mymaths (for lessons or practice homework as no specific homework will be set), read theory etc. You can also complete any of the tests you would like to finish as we will not be using these after the Easter Holidays. However, this is not compulsory and should only be completed if you want to!
I am really missing you all and can’t wait for the day we all get to be back together, no matter how long it is for. I am so proud of how hard you are working and how well you are doing in such tricky circumstances. Please don’t be upset or worried – we will get through this. Just keep listening to your adults and the advice given.
Keep being amazing,